Kiens / Chienes
Chienes/Kiens is surrounded by picturesque hills and forests and lies in the middle of the beautiful scenery of the Val Pusteria/Pustertal. Just a few kilometres away you will find the lively city of Brunico/Bruneck. If you are in Chienes/Kiens, then you are only a few steps away from a breathtaking natural landscape.
Peace, quiet, relaxation, hiking or skiing on exciting slopes in winter - no matter what your perfect holiday looks like, Chienes/Kiens offers a wide range of activities.
Holidays in Chienes/Kiens
There is so much to experience and, according to your holiday period, we have prepared some holiday tips for you, a little "To-Do" list for in and around Chienes/Kiens:
- Explore the beautiful mountains, no matter if climbing or hiking, the valley offers fantastic possibilities
- Take the Val Pusteria train! Chienes/Kiens is well connected to the public transport system by the train station of Casteldarne/Ehrenburg and during a leisurely train ride you can enjoy the beautiful view even more
- Take a bike ride along the Pusterbike Cycle Path
- Take a plunge into the cool water of the lake of Issengo in summer! Or simply relax and enjoy the sun on a lush alpine meadow
- Maintain the balance at a vertiginous height at the "Kronaction" high-rope course
- In winter, explore the slopes of the nearby skiing area "Plan de Corones/Kronplatz" or take a romantic walk in the snow-covered landscape
- Don't miss a visit to the Bergila-Mountain pine oil distillery
Did we forget anything? Oh yes, you should also enjoy the delicious cuisine of the Val Pusteria/Pustertal valley! You can make a short excursion to the many mountain pastures or restaurants nearby! A little tip: try the "Tirtln", a kind of round fritter filled with quark, spinach and much more!